Pardon me for a moment while I indulge in a very egocentric post. But, at the ripe old age of 30 I have come to a revelation about myself that I feel I must share…
I am a hopelessly old-fashioned girly-girl!
I’m sure those of you who know me well or even just a little, are wonder why it took me so long to figure out something so obvious. The answer is; denial. I have never wanted to admit that I am and old-fashioned girly-girl because I always felt that being one meant you were also fussy, delicate, and somewhat useless. But I see now that those thoughts were just my own misguided prejudices.
I also realized that there might be other misguided old-fashioned girly-girls who were also in denial. So I created this short list of questions to help other women determine whether they too are old-fashioned girly-girls.
1. Do you like roses, sweet peas, iris, and daffodils?
2. Do you one day aspire to have an herb garden?
3. Do you own a collection of antique embroidered handkerchiefs, and are they tucked away in a drawer with a scented sache? (By the way, if you answered yes to this question; don’t bother to take the rest of the quiz… it’s a done deal).
4. Do you dream of sitting on a green lawn in a long white dress, eating little sandwiches under a white parasol?
5. Do you like pastel colors, ringlets, and pearls?
6. Have you read more than two Jane Austin novels?
7. Have you ever baked a scone?
8. Do you own a tea cup?
9. Do you think being on time is important, manners are essential, and that being high-maintenance is bad; not sexy.
If you answered yes to five or more of these questions; repeat after me, “I am an old-fashioned girly-girl and I’m not ashamed to admit it!”