1. Tangerines in the wintertime. How brilliant is that? On a grey, cold winter day I can stand at my counter and eat what is basically liquid sunshine.
2. One of dozens of failed Christmas card picture attempts.
3. The children were SO tired of posing for pictures, so I scooped them up and squeezed a smile out of them.
4. Present wrapping explodes all over the house
5. We celebrated Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma W. early this year
6. The “big boys” enjoying a rare treat
7. The main attraction. Grandpa W. threatened to read the Christmas story r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y, the children all groaned while the adults laughed!
8. This is how I picture him in my mind. Hands wrapped around a cup of coffee with a slightly mischievous grin on his face.
9. Present opening is serious business.
10. Possibly the cutest picture ever taken
11. She refuses to stay little. Sitting up in her highchair and grinning while throwing toys on the floor.
12. “Mom, take a picture of my lego guy.”
My thought for the week: As children we are warned of the damage unkind and thoughtless words can do to others. It has taken me 35 years to figure out that the real damage is done in the hearts of those who use hurtful words. It’s like taking poison. I don’t want to spend a lifetime poisoning myself. I want to come to the end of my life and still have a smile on my face and a twinkle in my eye.