Wednesday December 26, 2007

,One year ago today, I woke up pregnant.  I wasn’t supposed to still be pregnant, I was supposed to be in a hospital room holding my newborn son.  It was 12 hours past my due date and he was refusing to vacate.

I had been trying to stay positive but that morning I decided to just revel in my misery.  Shortly after breakfast we got the call that Steph had gone into labor 2 months early.  Suddenly being a bit over-due didn’t seem like such a big deal.  I snapped out of my funk, and we headed to the hospital.  The doctors had stopped Steph’s contractions and the baby was doing good, but it was looking like she would be staying in the hospital for a while.  We stayed and chatted for a while, and headed for home a little after 2:00.  He offered to drive the car up to the front of the hospital, but I insisted on walking.  He suggested we take the elevator to the forth floor where our car was parked, but I wanted to climb the stairs.  By the time we pulled out of the parking lot I had my first contraction, and they didn’t stop until he was born, just before 11:00 that night.

For weeks the doctors had been telling me that he would probably be about 7 lbs. when he was born.  I was a bit surprised when the nurse handed me an 8lb. 13 oz. baby boy with a head full of curly hair.  When I found out I was pregnant with my second son I wondered how it would be possible to love another child as much as I did my first.  When they put him in my arms I wondered how that thought could have ever crossed my mind.


                                February                                                        March




Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

6 thoughts on “Wednesday December 26, 2007

Leave a Reply to MissAlli82 Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>